Welcome to our recipes page!
Our specialist team of coaches have put together some easy and quick recipes that won't break the bank. Click on the recipe item for the ingredients list and method.
3 egg whites
15g Parmesan cheese (grated)
15g Cheddar cheese (grated)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
64g Fresh mushrooms (sliced)
30g green pepper (chopped)
15g onion (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
64g Fresh spinach (roughly torn)
In a small bowl, beat the egg and egg whites.
Add the parmesan and cheddar cheeses, salt, pepper flakes, garlic powder and pepper; mix well and set aside.
In a non-stick frying pan, sauté the mushrooms, green pepper and onion in oil for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
Then add the spinach; cook and stir until spinach is wilted.
Add the egg mixture to the frying pan and as the eggs set, lift the edges to allow uncooked portion flow underneath.
Once fully cooked through the edges have browned, cut into wedges and serve immediately.
½ tablespoon on olive oil
½ small onion (sliced)
½ small red pepper (sliced into thin strips)
1 clove of garlic (halved)
227g can of chopped tomatoes (undrained)
½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar
210g can of butter beans or chick peas (drained)
¼ teaspoon of sugar
1 slice of seeded bread (or wholemeal bread)
2/3 sprigs of parsley chopped for garnish (if desired)
Heat the oil in a small pan, add the onion and pepper, and fry gently until soft, for around 10-15 mins.
Crush half the garlic and add this to the pan, along with the tomatoes, paprika, vinegar, beans, sugar
Bring to a simmer and cook for a further 10-15 mins or until slightly reduced and thickened.
Toast the bread, rub with the remaining garlic and drizzle with a little oil.
Spoon the beans over the toast, and scatter over the parsley (if desired)
1. Heat oil in a large pot. Add the chopped onion, minced garlic and cook for 2 3 minutes, until soft.
2. Add salt and vegetables and heat for 1 - 2 minutes more. Do not let them brown.
3. Add vegetable stock and can of chopped tomatoes. Bring to a boil, stir, reduce heat, and simmer until vegetables are tender - 8 to 12 minutes.
4. Serve with a wholegrain bread roll.
4 skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly ground black peppet
2-3 hearts of cos or romaine lettuce shredded
8 flour tortilla wraps
Flatten the chicken breasts slightly with a meat mallet.
Brush with olive oil and season.
Preheat a grill pan until hot and cook chicken for 10-15 minutes, turning once. Remove from the heat and set aside to rest.
Cut the warm chicken into chunky strips and tip into the bowl with the lettuce.
Place a good handful of the mixture onto each of the flour tortilla wraps and fold over one end before rolling up. Serve immediately.
4 Thick slices wholemeal or mixed grain bread
1/4 cup (110g) reduced fat hummus
1/2 small ripe avocado (peeled and chopped)
1 teaspoon lime juice
Pinch sea salt
60g fat-free semi-dried tomatoes, (finely chopped)
30g wild rocket leaves
Olive oil cooking spray
Spread 2 slices bread with hummus.
Roughly mash the avocado, lime juice and sea salt in a bowl.
Spoon avocado mixture over hummus.
Top with tomatoes and rocket.
Cover with remaining bread.
Lightly spray sandwiches on both sides with oil.
Heat a non-stick frying pan over low heat.
Add sandwiches and lightly press down with a spatula.
Cook for 2-3 minutes each side until golden and crisp.
Cut in half and serve.
• Heat oven to 190. Clean the potatoes, then prick several times with a fork and bake 1-1½ hours
• While the potatoes cook, heat the oil in a small pan and fry the onion for 5 mins to soften.
• Stir in the garlic and pepperoni, and cook for 1-2 mins, then add the chopped tomatoes.
• Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 mins. Season and stir in half the italian seasoning.
• Spoon over the split potatoes and top each one cheese and bake for another 5 minutes to melt
Chicken (we used 2 breasts,)
Pack of mushrooms 200 grams
2 Peppers (we used red and green)
1 Onion (we used a red onion)
Oil or fry light
Pack of fajita mix
Wraps (4-8 wraps)
10 steps to success:
Get your ingredients out and ready to go
Get your ingredients ready for chopping
Chop the peppers, onion and mushrooms - Chef's notes: We cut the peppers so they’re long. We peeled the onion, then cut it in half, then along the longest side. We peeled the mushrooms (you don’t have to do this) then cut from top to bottom.
Chop the chicken - Chef's notes: Remember to wash your hands!
Put a few sprays of fry-lite (or up to a tablespoon of oil) in your pan and fry the onion until it starts to brown. Watch those onions sizzle!
Add in the peppers and fry until they start to brown.
Make space for the chicken and add it in
Add in the chicken
Mix together and cook for 5 minutes
Get the largest piece of chicken and cut it to see if it’s cooked white all the way through
It’s done! Time to serve.
How to Serve:
Put a dollop of the food into your wrap. Fold it up from the bottom
Then the left side
Then the right side
Wrap challenge. Can you make it stand up?!
freshly ground black pepper
600 g baking potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
Wash 4 large sweet potatoes under cold running water, scrubbing well with a scrubber to get rid of any dirt (no need to peel them)
Cut each sweet potato in fries, by cutting the sweet potato in half and then into smaller fries
Add to a large mixing bowl, then sprinkle over a tiny pinch of sea salt and black pepper, and ½ a teaspoon of sweet smoked paprika
Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then toss everything together to coat
Spread out into a single layer in a large baking tray, then bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden and cooked through
Leave to sit for a couple of minutes, to make it easier to remove them, then use a fish slice to transfer them to a serving dish
• 4 chicken thigh fillets
• 1 red pepper chopped
• 1 onion chopped
• 2tbsp vegetable or olive oil
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1/2 tsp chilli powder
• 300g brown rice
• 500ml veg or chicken stock
• 400g can of chopped tomatoes
• Bring a pan of water to a boil, lower to med-high heat and boil chicken thighs with a lid on for 30 minutes
• In a large saucepan add oil, pepper, onion, paprika and chilli powder into a pan and fry until onion is translucent
• When chicken is cooked, shred and add to peppers and onions
• Add the rice, tinned tomatoes and stock and season with salt and pepper
• Cook on a low-medium heat until rice is cooked and all the water is absorbed and serve
500grams of strong white bread flour
2 teaspoons of salt
7 grams of yeast
300mls of lukewarm water (200 cold, 100 of boiling water)
3 tablespoons of olive oil
Measure out 500grams of strong white bread flour into a large mixing bowl
Add 2 teaspoons of salt and mix together
Add your 7 grams of yeast and stir until mixed together
Create a well in the middle of your mixture and add in your water and olive oil
Mix all of this together, using one hand to fold the mixture together gently in the bowl (if you have a mixer at home you can use this now for 10mins on a low setting).
Move the mixture onto your work surface and keep needing until you create a slightly sticky dough - Watch the video to see how John does this.
Create the shape you want with the dough
You now need to prove the bread by placing it in the mixing bowl, putting a tea towel over it and leaving it for an hour.
After an hour your dough will have grown a lot larger
Need the bread for a couple of minutes to push the air out
Shape the dough into its final shape
Put your parchment paper on the oven tray
Place your dough on the parchment paper
Place the tea towel over the tray and leave for another hour
After an hour, remove the tea towel and add any design you wish such as a few cuts on the top as John demonstrated
Preheat your oven at 200 degrees
Place your oven tray in the oven for half an hour
After 30minutes take your bread out the oven and get stuck in!
• Take your ingredients and place them into a blender and blend until fully combined.
• If you don't like bits you can always sift the ice lolly mixture
• Place mixture into ice lolly moulds and place in the freezer until set
• If you don't have an ice lolly mould you can get creative with Big ice cube trays, clean yoghurt pots, silicone muffin cases, mini baking tins or small paper or plastic cups. Source some wooden lolly sticks, rigid straws or similar 'handles' for your lollies